I am currently conducting an online cross-cultural study of intimate relationships, which is being translated into other languages by colleagues around the world. It is available at:
I am also analyzing data from a Multiple Identities Questionnaire which has been completed by college students every semester since Fall 1998. I have been collaborating with Zick Rubin and Anne Peplau on the Boston Couples Study since 1972.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Gender Psychology
- Self and Identity
- Vincent, P., Peplau, L. A., & Hill, C. T. (1998). A longitudinal application of the theory of reasoned action to women's career behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28(9), 761-778.
- Yamagishi, T., & Hill, C. T. (1983). Initial information versus missing information as explanations of the set-size effect. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 44(5), 942-951.
- Hill, C. T., & Stull, D. E. (1982). Disclosure reciprocity: Conceptual and measurement issues. Social Psychology Quarterly, 45(4), 238-244.
- Hill, C. T., & Stull, D. E. (1981). Sex differences in effects of social and value similarity in same-sex friendship. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 41(3), 488-502.
- Peplau, L. A., Hill, C. T., & Rubin, Z. (1993). Sex-role attitudes in dating and marriage: A 15-year followup of the Boston Couples Study. Journal of Social Issues, 49(3), 31-52.
- Yamagishi, T., & Hill, C. T. (1986). Cross-over interaction and the set-size effect in information integration: Are they mutually exclusive? Japanese Psychological Research, 28(3), 129-138.
- Bui, K. T., Peplau, L. A., & Hill, C. T. (1996). Testing the Rusbult model of relationship commitment and stability in a 15-year study of heterosexual couples. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 22(12), 1244-1257.
- Hill, C. T., Peplau, L. A., & Rubin Z. (1983). Contraceptive use by college dating couples: A comparison of men's and women's reports. Population and Environment, 6(1), 60-69.
- Hill, C. T., & Stull, D. E. (1987). Gender and self-disclosure: Strategies for exploring the issues. In V. Derlega & J. Berg (Eds.), Self-disclosure: Theory, research, and therapy. New York: Plenum.
- Hill, C. T. (1989). Marriage. In A. Campbell (Ed.), The opposite sex. Oxford: Andromeda.
- Hill, C. T. (1989). Attitudes to love. In A. Campbell (Ed.), The opposite sex. Oxford: Andromeda.
- Hill, C. T., & Peplau, L. A. (1998). Premarital predictors of relationship outcomes: A 15-year follow-up of the Boston Couples Study. In T. N. Bradbury (Ed.), The developmental course of marital dysfunction. New York, Cambridge University Press.
Department of Psychology
Whittier, CA 90608
- Phone: (562) 907-4805
- Fax: (562) 698-4067